This year we split the trip between Bay Lake and Beach Club and so the first two days were spent entirely at the Magic Kingdom – I’ve never visited ONLY Magic Kingdom for a single day let alone two! Here is the breakdown.
First, Bay Lake is AWESOME. Its got modern rooms with great art work, an incredible view, and the Top of the World Lounge is an awesome hang out. My favorite part of the lounge of course being the John Hench concept art work on display behind the bar and in a side lounge. After having a delicious breakfast with fresh vegetables at The Wave we WALKED to the Magic Kingdom!
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – I couldn’t help myself. I think this is so neat. I like the idea of the technology and completely buy into the magic of an ordinary space magically turning into a portal! Only downside is waiting in line for it and if you are the only one in your group playing the others might not want to follow you where the game takes you which are random spots on the map.
- Buzz Lightyear
- Carousel of Progress
- Wedway PeopleMover
- Snow White – Final Ride :-/
- Its a Small World
- Haunted Mansion – Tried the interactive queue. This may or may not have been the source of the horrible cold I got a few days later but any tribut to Thurl Ravenscroft gets my support.
SNACK TIME! Between the four of us we had 2 Citrus swirls, 1 Dole Whip Float with pineapple soft serve, 1 Dole Whip with vanilla, 1 Dole Whip with orange, and 1 pineapple juice. I don’t think I will ever be that refreshed unless I end up at tropical island before my next visit – although the Dole Cocktail Contest at Ohana might be close.
- Splash Mountain – nice gentlemen gave us fast passes!
- Tortuga Tavern – never again, just horrid
- Main Street Bakery – Peanut Butter Cupcake
We ended the night at the Polynesian’s Tambu Lounge for some drinks and apps before heading back to the Lounge to watch the Wishes Fireworks.
We took the monorail over to the Polynesian’s Kona Cafe to start out the morning with Tonga Toast. Then another monorail ride and back at Magic Kingdom!
- Peter Pan
- A visit with the Wicket Step Mother and Step Sisters
- A visit with Princess Tianna
- Jungle Cruise
- Enchanted Tiki Room – while I miss the fountain, I can’t complain about this version!
After it got hot and the crowds started in we headed out of the park for lunch at Sanaa over at Kindani Village in Animal Kingdom. For dessert, we went back to the Polynesian for more Dole Whips at Captain Cooks.
Not to be defeated, we went back into Magic Kingdom where I finished my Sorcerers game, got a veggie burger with all the fixins from Pecos Bill and a Walnut Chocolate Brownie from Main Street Bakery. Again, we ended the night at the Lounge watching Wishes.