No better way to spend a snow day than to reminisce about my most recent Disney trip! This was a seven day trip during a November heat wave and the last day of Food and Wine. We stayed at the Beach Club Villas most nights with the exception of the Swan on night one.
Day 1 – Resort Hop
The new renovations at the Swan are very posh – I was so impressed I would actually stay there over the Beach Club Villas until they finally get their refurb. Our arrival day was low key and didn’t involve any park visits.
Lunch – Beaches and Cream – We tried the new Beaches Veggie Burger – FINALLY a non frozen patty! I don’t have pictures of it but its HUGE and definitely falls out of the tasty bun. Get extra napkins. Its worth the mess.
Evening – We went to the Polynesian and had a light dinner at Kona Cafe given the massive burger from earlier in the day. We watched Wishes from the Poly Beach but it was crowded and we couldn’t hear the sound as well. We did this more out of curiosity so I was glad I didn’t have any expectations. Still, fireworks are awesome no matter what.
We were still full but how can you resist walking past the Pineapple Lanai and not get a Dole Whip? Much to our surprise – they give out free samples! Its a few mouthfuls and satisfies the craving without overdoing it.
Day 2 – EPCOT
Before checking to the Beach Club we went to breakfast at Las Ventanas at Coronado Springs and it was one of THE BEST breakfasts I’ve ever had at Disney.
After this breakfast and checking – in at Beach Club Villas we went to EPCOT to cool down.
- Impressions de France – “PARIS, The City of Lights” (and sweet, sweet air conditioning)
- Shops (5)
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie
- Shops (4)
- Gallery of Arts and History – This was my first time in this exhibit and its beautiful as evidenced by the gorgeous stain glass door and what lies inside is a bench for SITTING and the most glorious air conditioning you could ever want. This will be my go to cool down hangout going forward. A display with the history of the fez was also neat.
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery – Featuring Kawaii (Japan’s Cute Culture) which I found terrifying.
- Taiko Drummers
- Pineapple Infused Sake from the Japan Food and Wine cart
This was the last country we visited. We walked around the rest of the World Showcase and returned to Beach Club when our room was ready. We got the view we wanted and spent the rest of the night relaxing at the resort. I had a grilled cheese and fries from Hurricane Hanna’s because sometimes that’s just what you need.
In my next post I will write about all the other parks and the HEAT.